I now call Québec City home. In November 2014 my husband was accepted into a Master’s in Geology program at INRS (Institut national de la recherche scientifique). We were both working at the time and had ONE DAY to search for an apartment in Québec City. I organized 12 appointments that day and luckily we got to seal the deal with a place we really liked.
We officially moved into our apartment in January 2015. At least my husband did. I barely lived here with my crazy work schedule at the mine and wedding planning errands back in Toronto. And with the accident and everything, I didn’t start really living here until a month ago!
As I moved in to our apartment five months too late after our wedding, my husband and I felt like real newlyweds. In wedded bliss, we felt like we were on our honeymoon again. Only this time no one ended up in a hospital.
Highlights of my first week back in Québec:
- My husband making crêpe for breakfast the day after I got back! He is undoubtedly the King of Crêpes. At least he’s my king. 😊
- Doing my French oral placement test at Bouchereau Lingua International (BLI), my new French immersion school. I felt like I completely BOMBED it (plus I got a dismal 53.3% in a written test I completed earlier) but I was still placed in the pre-intermediate (A2) level. 😅 I was to start after Thanksgiving.
- Walking around this beautiful city to get around and for exercise! Will have a multi-part series on this!
COOKING LOTS, OBVI!
- Opening and organizing our wedding gifts!
- My husband’s cousin Manon’s 30th birthday. My first time in a bar again in SIX MONTHS?!?!?! She was so happy I was there!
🎶 So happy together! 🎶